March 14th, 2010-1:30am
Sometimes you find the time to sit and think. Unintentionally you begin to search for the meaning of everything. There are far too many things that I can't find the answer to. Recently, as I'm sure we all do, I've been thinking a lot about "the meaning" to most things, and when summed up, the meaning of life.
I can sit for hours and realize that there is no meaning at all. It just happens. But what I do know, is that we only get one of these. What happens after we leave...we won't know til it happens, no matter what you religiously believe. So we have to live this life like it really is our last day of living. Now, I don't mean that the cliche' way of thinking...as in "Live today as if it's your last day"...(example: "let's fuckin party, get drunk and get fucked up til we're sure we're having a good time.") That to me is not the way this life should be lived out. All that is doing, is finding a shorter bridge to the other side. In which could end more tragic than expected, or more so irresponsible than wanted.
My brother was murdered at the age of 22. He lived out an amazing life up until the day he was killed. He was full of love and peace. He loved everyone and everything. Why was his life taken away? Simply because someone fucked up in the mind decided to stab him for no good reason. Yeah, it's fucked up and it sucks ass as everyday comes to an end. But it happened and there's absolutely no way of bringing him back. Just five minutes from my house he worked at a store on Euclid Ave. He was stabbed to death at 5:25pm while the sun was still out. He had no idea that on March 6th, that he would wake up the next morning only to clock into work and later find out that his heart would stop beating.
My point of it all is, I can post this blog up in a few minutes, go out my front door to get something out of my truck and a man can be standing there waiting with a knife, a gun, or even his bare hands. We never know who or when it can happen. Same goes for any tragic incident.
Forgive me, for when I write it seems as if I tread off the path of my intended purpose, but what I'm trying to say is something positive I swear...
When you love someone, tell them. When you want to do something great with your life, do it. When you feel the need to let someone know that they mean the world to you, please express it to them. And most of all, when you find someone, someone who you truly fall in love with, don't ever let them go. Because tomorrow might be the day, you wake up to find that you're life is in a tragic situation, and though nothing may not be able to be done about it, at least you know that you lived the life you wanted to live and you spent it with those you love, and those who love you most.
So be free and love. Live the life you've always been thinking of. Transpose your thoughts into words, and don't let the love of your life slip away into the hands of another. Love out loud.
Thanks for reading what's currently on my mind. It means to word to me <3
Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment