I used to believe what they believe. I used to call them faggots. I used to yell at them and tell them that I'm gonna kick their ass for being gay. I would literally yell across the school campus, telling a gay student to suck my dick. Quite absurd right? Wrong, fucking ridiculous that I would even THINK of those things, let alone actually say them in public to embarrass and put these human beings in awkward and at most times in depressing situations. I was a fucking ass hole. And there is not one ounce left inside of me that is proud about it. But I will say., I'm only glad I went through that phase because I now know where these modern day ass holes derive from. I know their tactics.
It wasn't until I started performing in musical theatre productions at the age of 15 that I started to become friends with gay guys. And after high school, my eyes opened WIDE when I hired into the Disneyland Entertainment department. And in NO TIME, some of my best friends were gay. Now I'm 23, almost 24 and I have tons of gay friends. Guys and girls. Each and every one of them, specifically chosen as a friend just as I choose my straight friends....they're amazing people with beautiful souls.
Of course, something that really has affect and continues to, is my brother's murder. It changed my life. As any person would assume. But in this specific case, my brother was full of love. And in the years that have now passed, I've realized the equality between those who are heterosexual and those who are homosexual. I used to hate....I mean hate homosexuals because I was a "hardcore" Christian. Yup...the Bible SAYS it's wrong. It says, "If a man is to sleep with another man, he has committed an abomination and he shall be beheaded. His blood will be upon his own head." Fuck that. Bull shit. I refuse to believe anything from a book that says that about loving human beings.
It's hard to be part of the generation that is making a movement in the acceptance of homosexuality cause we're seeing all the pain our friends and family are going through. But imagine those who were gay in years passed. Where you couldn't even be open about it with your closet friends. We're definitely in a better day....but soon it'll all be for love. And the future will be much better off in this aspect.
One more step closer to "peace"
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment