Saturday, June 12, 2010

Like a slow moving hurricane

It's rare that I write 'poetry', I wrote this a while back and just now found it. I would love to share it with who ever may care to read it.

"Like a slow moving hurricane."

Depression sets in like a slow moving hurricane
She sleeps well, while I stay awake from breathing deep like a heart transplant patient's chest pain
I can't feel what it's like to be loved again
There's a hole in my chest, where her head used to rest.
And now this colored screen plays the dvd for no one to see while I try my best, and put my patience to the test
Hoping in time this'll all change, like the light bulb in the sun that projects light rays that travel and reflect the blue off her eyes
Painting a picture as beautiful as the world's ocean at sunrise, in the sky.

She searches deep for something meaning more than what she thought it'd be
In the end it was words on paper like caution text warning you how to go about life safer
But like the print on bottles and boxes, numbers and letters stating nutritional facts on plastic paper
It's small ink that no one cares to read, and he just so happen to write it smaller than your contacts can see

So he left you alone, romantic nights you spent at home
Laying in bed in a white dress
Nothing to hold onto but your pillow case over flowing with your wedding day's regrets
So this is the night that you dreamed of all your life, ever since you were young
Instead of the white aisle of pedals and transparent bubbles
Your walking down a row of books that read "Fiction", foreshadowing your marriage situation
Walk backward into the morning's realization, walk away before you're bleeding and left to uphold evidence that lead to his Conviction of your condition

Now you've reached your peak
Looking through this kaleidoscope, finding you're missing so much more than just one piece
Years went on with hands tattered and torn from every female he beats
Take a look back on your past and view that he's used every code that enables foreign remote control cheats
It's time to fill those wounds with soil and seeds
We'll watch the flowers grow
We'll watch them bloom from day into night
Take hold of these angelic wings, use them to soar the canvas skies
I find truth and love in watching the magic in your eyes light up the night like multi colored fireflies

No comments:

Post a Comment