It's 2:16am...
just now got home from what is one the greatest days of my life. It's all so unreal that it really feels like I'm dreaming. Today was our first Camp Rock cast meeting/rehearsal. Everyone there was great, AMAZING personalities and GREAT talent. A cast of 100 people can really overwhelm you when you're used to casts from 40-60 tops. I've met a lot of new friends, and it's only the first day. I wonder what will come of it all.
At the end of rehearsal our director kept a select few of the cast members to be considered and finalized as the leads of the show. All very stressful for the past month or so, working so hard to get a lead role..though very happy to even be a part of something SO huge. For those who don't know, Disney had asked our Director to be the very first to produced the World Premiere of Disney's Camp Rock the Musical live on stage. NO ONE has done this before.
At the end of today's rehearsal, it was announced that I will be playing the part of Shane Grey, which is portrayed by Joe Jonas in the original feature films, Camp Rock 1 and 2. I am TRULY grateful for this opportunity. It's unreal. I will be the first person to portray Shane Grey/Joe Jonas in this live on stage musical, Camp Rock: The Final Jam. I am so thankful to be a part of this great production.
And taking the stage with me among the amazingly talented 100 person cast are a lot of my great friends Tasha, Gabe, Tyler, Alfonso and my best friend Jon. I haven't acted side by side with him since Les Miserables back in 2002. He was about 11 years old and I was 15. And my leading love interest for the show is Leanna Arredondo playing the part of Mitchie which was made famous by Demi Lovato. Leanna is another great friend who I can't wait to perform with....so much talent, it's gonna be an adventure.
We have rehearsal almost every single day, I can't ask for anything more. I'm so excited to see where this takes us all, as friends and as performers.
Look out for ads on TV because a camera crew will be coming to our rehearsals to get some footage of our production of Camp Rock to promote it on one of, if not THE biggest television channel in the world, of course, the Disney Channel.
This show opens August 5th 2010 and runs the 6th, 7th, 8th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th and closes Monday the 16th of August.
This is going to be sooo much fun.
LML.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment